정상안압 녹내장이란 안압은 정상 범위인데 전방각이 열려있고 특징적인 녹내장성 시신경 손상과 이에 따른 시야결손이 나타나는 질환입니다. 안압이 높지 않아 자각…
DR. JOESEPH Y. LEE
Refrative Surgery Specialist LASIK / PRK/Cataracts
LASIK: LASIK eye surgery is a procedure performed to correct common vision problems such as myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia. The procedure is made to reduce an individual’s dependence on contact lenses and/or contact lenses.
PRK: Photorefractive keratectomy, commonly known as PRK, is a refractive surgery that corrects myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism. PRK is a surgery similar to LASIK eye surgery, however, there are a few things that vary. The main difference between PRK and LASIK is the first step in the surgery, where a thin flap on the cornea is cut then replaced in LASIK surgery, but in PRK, the flap is removed. Another difference between the surgeries is that the recovery process for PRK takes a bit longer than LASIK.
Cataracts: A cataract is a clouding of the eye’s natural lens, which lies behind the iris and the pupil. Cataracts are the most common cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40 and is the principal cause of blindness in the world.
• USC/Doheny Eye Institute-Fellowship in Refractive Surgery
• University of Michigan Medical School
• Is the Top Three number of Lasik cases in the past 7 years (among California Surgeons)
• Has performed Lasik for the most Asian patients in the U.S.
• Board Certified Ophthalmologist
• Author of 15 U.S. patents on Refractive Surgery
• Was selected for very competitive Fellowship in Refractive Surgery from USC/Doheny
• He received a very competitive National Eye Institute grant for refractive surgery research